The Ed.S. Leadership and Organizational Development program is designed for those individuals who already possess a master’s degree and are interested in leadership roles within higher education, community and organizational development, or business. The program would be utilized by those candidates who desire to enter the NNU doctoral programs and have a desire to pursue coursework and a degree within leadership and organizational development.
- 100% Online
- Program Utilizes set courses to plan schedules ahead of time
- Students may complete this 30-33 credit program in less than 18 months
- Program for those seeking to enter the NNU Doctoral Program
Ed.S. Leadership and Organizational Development
The Ed.S. Leadership and Organizational Development program is designed for those individuals who already possess a master’s degree and are interested in leadership roles within higher education, community and organizational development, or business. The program would be utilized by those candidates who desire to enter the NNU doctoral programs and have a desire to pursue coursework and a degree in leadership and organizational development.
$565 per credit, $150 per semester technology fee
This program includes a 150-hour internship supervised by an administrator within the organization/institution. This internship must be approved by the chosen organization/institution as well as the NNU program director.
Each candidate’s study plan would be individualized to meet their needs and interests through a series of electives (9 credits) that result in a cognate from Education, Business or Religion.
The following requirements must be received by Admissions a minimum of one week before classes start and are online, mailed or emailed as indicated. Recommendation forms and essay guidelines are available online within the application portal.
Northwest Nazarene University
Attention Graduate Admissions
623 University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
For email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: Application and $50 non-refundable application fee
- Mail or email from a digital service such as Parchment or the National Student Clearinghouse: Official transcripts from a regionally accredited institution(s) where the applicant received a master’s degree
- Email or mail: A copy of the applicant’s teaching certificate (if applicable)
- Online: Two online recommendation forms completed by professional colleagues
- Online: One supervisor recommendation form
(The three recommendations must be completed by three different individuals.)
- Online: Evidence of writing competency, preferably from a research paper or other document completed during master’s courses
Candidates must have the following:
- A master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the master’s program
- Approval by the Graduate Education Admissions Committee
Program Start Dates
Classes begin every 8 weeks, and new students may join throughout the year.
EDUC8000 Orientation: Graduate Education (0)
EDUC7556 Conceptual Statistics & Applications for Educators (3)
EDUC7575 Legal and Financial Issues in Education (3)
EDUC7584 Data-Driven Decision Making (3)
EDUC8671 Educational Change: A Historical Perspective (3)
EDUC8675 Public Relations and Marketing for Schools (3)
EDUC8679 Leadership & Organizational Development Seminar (3)
EDUC86879P Leadership and Organizational Development Program Portfolio (0-1)
EDUC____ Educational Leadership Elective (3)
Cognate Elective #1 (3)
Cognate Elective #2 (3)
Cognate Elective #3 (3)
Total Credits: A minimum of 30 semester credits are required.
Metropolitan and nonmetropolitan area occupational employment and wage estimates for the Boise area are sourced from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.