Bachelor of Arts
NNU’s Musical Theatre degree is designed to develop theatre artists among changing trends in the arts and prepare students by putting the means for their success in their own hands.
- Develop skills of performance and put them into practice on the stage
- Participate in 4 – 6 productions a year
- Learn from faculty with over 25 years of experience
About Musical Theatre
Our Musical Theatre major at NNU is designed to develop theatre artists, accounting for changing trends in the arts and preparing students to meet those changes by putting the means for their success in their own hands.
Musical Theatre students will learn:
- How to bring their Christian faith into the practice of theatre in a space that simulates real-world conditions
- Philosophies, strategies and practices of faith-integrated theatre
- How to pursue a successful career in musical theatre
With NNU’s small class sizes, students receive personalized attention, crafting a path through the Musical Theatre degree program to best fit their strengths, needs and desired outcomes with the help of experienced faculty.
NNU’s Musical Theatre faculty have over 25 years of experience as both artists and educators who keep up with changing trends in theatre and adjust the curriculum to meet those changes.
At NNU, we believe that students develop best when they are well-rounded. We work hard to ensure that students can be involved in many ways around campus. A good theatre artist experiences life in its fullness, so we encourage student involvement in activities outside of the theatre program and work to coordinate so students can manage that involvement.
Bachelor of Arts
Offered On Campus
Program Outcomes & Highlights
Getting a degree in Musical Theatre opens up your career opportunities to a variety of options. Pursue a career in musical theatre as a:
- Arts Manager
- Theatre Teacher
- Technician (sets, lights, costumes, props, etc.
Training in the theatrical arts teaches the soft skills many employers are looking for but are difficult to teach. Each class and activity you participate in will pay off in dividends far beyond theatre.
Some of the unique classes you’ll take as you pursue a Musical Theatre degree are:
- Stage Craft
- Intro to Acting
- Acting in Realism
- Musical Theatre Styles Workshop
- Musical Theatre History
- Dance Technique
- Musical Theatre Capstone Seminar
Related Career Paths
Metropolitan and nonmetropolitan area occupational employment and wage estimates for the Boise area are sourced from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.