Registrar - FAQs

Registrar - FAQs

Spacer component

Top Title
Frequently Asked

Bottom Title

How do I order a transcript? What is the cost?

Transcript requests are now processed by The information on pricing and ordering as at this link: 

Transcript Order Information and link to Parchment

Will a repeated course still show on my transcript?

  • A repeated course will appear on your transcript with a notation "**Repeated-under**".
  • The latest course will have the notation "**Replaces a Prior Course**".
  • The latest grade received and credit earned will be considered in computing the grade point average.

Will I need an NNU post office box?

Traditional Undergraduate students will need an NNU post office box. The primary communication from professors, administrators and campus messages is the NNU e-mail system, but since not all information can or should be emailed, the secondary means is your NNU post office box. It is essential for you to have an NNU post office box. Note: It is the responsibility of the student to check their NNU e-mail and NNU post office box on a regular basis.

May I use an e-mail address other than the assigned NNU e-mail?

All students must use the NNU e-mail address for official NNU communications. It is not allowable to forward your NNU e-mails to an outside e-mail system, such as yahoo or gmail.

Why is my name not on the course roll of the class I am attending?

If your name does not appear on a course roll, you may not be officially registered for the course. Go to the Registrar's Office to resolve the problem.

Am I automatically dropped from a class I have never attended?

No. Unless you officially drop the course with an Add/Drop form or through the portal, you will remain enrolled in the class and will receive a detrimental final grade, as well as being charged the appropriate tuition and fees, if any, for that class.

Where should I start to apply for an Off-Campus study program?

Begin by contacting the NNU Study Abroad office at



Who can help me with Veteran's benefits?

To get help with veteran's benefits, contact or (208) 467-8519.


How many credits are needed for full-time status?

  • Undergraduate Students: Twelve semester credits constitute a full academic load. However, to meet the minimum graduation credit requirement of 124 credits within four (4) years, an average of 15.5 credits is needed each semester.
  • Graduate Students: Six (6) semester credits constitute a full academic load for a graduate student. Credits necessary for graduation will vary with each program.

What high school courses should I take in preparation for college work?

The following courses and the recommended number of years provide an excellent preparation for college:


  • English - 4 yrs. (not including speech, drama, journalism)
  • Mathematics - 3 yrs. (4 yrs. if intended major is chemistry, engineering, mathematics, or physics)
  • Science - 3 yrs.
  • History/Social Science - 3 yrs.
  • Foreign Language - 2 yrs

What are the requirements to be on the dean's list?

  • Traditional Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 12 credits and earn a GPA of 3.5 or higher for that semester
  • Undergraduate students in the Professional Studies programs must be enrolled in at least 6 credits and earn a GPA of 3.5 or higher for that semester
  • Graduate students in the Graduate and Professional Studies programs must be enrolled in at least 6 credits and earn a GPA of 4.0.

What does the "Year of the University" on my diploma mean?

The Year of the University on the diploma indicates the years since NNU was established (in 1913). 

Where do I find information about taking an ACT, SAT, or ACCUPLACER exam?

Contact the Center for Academic Success and Advising (CASA) regarding the ACT, SAT, or ACCUPLACER exams.  Phone (208) 467-8463 or email 

Where do I turn in my enrollment verification forms for loans or insurance purposes?

Loan verification forms will be processed in the Registrar's Office. The Registrar's Office will also process verifications of student's registration status. Phone: (208) 467-8433 or e-mail