Bachelor of Arts
Whichever career you enter, you will need to express yourself clearly. As an English student, you will be prepared to think critically, research effectively and write convincingly—essential traits for clear communication.
- Experience representative American, British, and world literature
- Develop an expanding appreciation of the English language and its operation while strengthening your writing skills
- Develop a deep appreciation for the written word
Whatever career you enter, you will need to express yourself clearly. As an English student, you will be prepared to think critically, research effectively and write convincingly—essential traits for clear communication. Additionally, you will explore some of the most profound and beautiful writing in the world—from the ancient Middle East to Renaissance Europe to contemporary Africa. These literary works will introduce you to the ideas and values vital to self-discovery, and encourage you to empathize with persons from an array of times and cultures. Through NNU’s Department of English, you will learn to harness the power of the written word, which will prepare you to enter the workforce or attend graduate school. A background in English opens the door to working in many fields such as communication, politics, education and business.
- Graduates of the department and general education students will be able to think critically, express themselves clearly, research successfully, and develop an appreciation for the medium of language through a variety of writing experiences.
- Graduates of the department and general education students read and discuss Western and World literature, emphasizing how the works relate to the world in which they were created and how they relate to the reader and world today.
- Graduates of the department and general education students will have a concrete knowledge of authors and their literary works, understanding the author and work’s place in the culture from which they arose and in the literary world as a whole.
Bachelor of Arts
Offered On Campus
Related Career Paths
Metropolitan and nonmetropolitan area occupational employment and wage estimates for the Boise area are sourced from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.