LEADERSHIP & FORMATION: YOUTH, CHILDREN & FAMILY MINISTRY EMPHASIS
Master of Arts
The Master of Arts degree in Leadership & Formation with specialization in Youth, Children & Family Ministry offers a dynamic learning model grounded in developmental, cultural and spiritual formation within a practical theological framework.
- 36 Semester credits for degree completion
- Fully online with no residential requirements
- Access to expert faculty including leading-edge practitioners
- Federal Financial Aid and NNU’s zero-interest monthly payment plan are available to all who qualify
About Youth, Children & Family Ministry
NNU’s 36-credit Master of Arts in Leadership & Formation with a specialization in Youth, Children & Family Ministry offers you a more holistic approach to ministry across the generations. Whether you’re in a vocational ministry role as a family minister, youth or children’s pastor or you’re a layperson wanting advanced training for parachurch, Christian schools or camp ministries, NNU’s fully online Master of Arts in Leadership & Formation with specialization in Youth, Children & Family Ministry offers you a dynamic learning model grounded in the practice of ministry.
Master of Arts in Leadership & Formation
$575 per credit, $150 per semester technology fee
Upon graduation from the program, you will be able to:
- Understand both the history and contemporary characteristics of human development, adolescence and family systems theory necessary for engaging in youth, children and family ministry
- Value the role of Practical Theology in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition and philosophy to inform practices fostering youth, children and families
- Articulate and embody a biblical understanding of faith formation within the community of faith, including the family
- Demonstrate a dynamic integration of practice and philosophy of leadership suitable for ministry in the Church and in the world
NNU’s Graduate School of Theology is accredited by The Commission on Accrediting of The Association of Theological Schools. The following degree programs are approved by The Commission on Accrediting: Master of Divinity; Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry; Master of Arts in Leadership & Formation with specializations in Missional Leadership; Spiritual Formation; Youth, Children & Family Ministry.
Since 1930, NNU has been continuously accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities, the same respected accrediting body that validates other leading educational institutions across the Pacific Northwest.