- Continue your passion for making music
- Develop a broad understanding of the skills necessary to be a music educator
- Earn your Music Teacher Certification through meaningful courses and field experiences
About Music Education
Music Education majors at NNU can expect to participate in a variety of music courses. The curriculum gives students a broad understanding of the skills necessary to be a music educator, including conducting, music theory, ensemble and solo playing, music history and more.
Music Education majors will:
- Learn the intricacies of teaching voice, strings, winds and percussion through hands-on experiences
- Perform in a large ensemble (Choir, Orchestra, and/or Wind Ensemble)
- Study privately with one of NNU’s studio instructors
- Complete multiple field experiences at local schools
- Attend recitals and concerts
While the degree program culminates with Idaho K-12 teacher certification, the skills you develop can also support areas such as music therapy, private and charter school teaching, community music, private studio teaching and more. For more information about NNU’s Education Department, contact Holly Ripley at email@example.com.
Bachelor of Arts
Offered On Campus
Metropolitan and nonmetropolitan area occupational employment and wage estimates for the Boise area are sourced from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports, and Media Occupations
Meet Our Faculty
I absolutely love leading worship, and it was so cool to get plugged into several outlets right away that didn’t require me to be a music major. I didn’t expect to have the opportunities that I had so soon—I was involved when I started my first semester freshman year!