History & Political Science
History & Political Science Department
NNU’s History and Political Science Department offers students the opportunity to receive a history degree or political science and international relations degree. Students may also pursue a degree in secondary education history in conjunction with the NNU Education Department. We also offer minors in history and political science.
We believe that the study of history and politics is an essential component of a high quality education. Historical and political studies develop and sharpen the mind by training students to think, to evaluate, to communicate, and ultimately to judge. They also help students to become informed, active participants in the political process. We are committed to providing students with a solid background in these disciplines and preparing them for further study through a political science or history degree.
The History & Political Science Department offers individual attention to students through small class sizes. Please contact us at any time if you have questions about our program or what you can expect in the pursuit of a history or political science degree at Northwest Nazarene University.
- Dr. Matt Millsap was awarded undergraduate Professor of the Year for 2022-2023.
- Dr. Stephen Morgan was awarded tenure and promotion to associate professor.
- Dr. Justin Clardie delivered the Faculty Award Lecture for 2022-2023.
- In September the department welcomed Dr. John Wilsey to deliver our annual Constitution Day lecture.
- In November the department welcomed author Mark Mathabane to discuss his life growing up in apartheid-era South Africa.
- In March the department welcomed Dr. Lauren Whitnah to deliver a lecture on Hildegard of Bingen to celebrate Women’s History Month.