Northwest Nazarene University Employment
Adjunct Faculty in Psychology
Employment Opportunity: Adjunct Faculty in Psychology
The Department of Psychology is proud to announce a new Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology at NNU. The full 5-year program, for those entering directly from a psychology BA program, consists of 127 credits—4 years of coursework and a dissertation, with a final pre-doctoral internship year. Those entering with an MA degree bypass the first year, allowing for a second entry point into the Psy.D. program.
Description of Position
We are currently searching for adjunct positions for both the undergraduate psychology major and the new Psy.D. program, including clinical supervisors.
- Undergraduate Psychology: Master in Psychology or related social science field
- Psy.D.: Psy.D. or Ph.D. in Psychology, or Doctorate in related health field (such as MD); current practice in Health Service Psychology preferred
- High level of integrity and personal responsibility must be verified
- Must demonstrate both written and verbal skills, and effective interpersonal relationship skills
The University requires that all candidates have a Christian perspective (preferably in the Wesleyan tradition), and must be comfortable with and in agreement with the mission and lifestyle values of NNU; candidates are asked to respond to the information items listed on the NNU Christian Mission requirements link below; Northwest Nazarene University embraces diversity and therefore encourages all who are qualified to apply.
To be considered for this position, a complete application packet must be received. A complete application packet will include the following:
Separate document to include:
- Personal Spiritual Pilgrimage
- Membership in a Christian Community of Faith
- Commitment to Teaching at a Christian Comprehensive University
- A complete curriculum vitae
- Official Transcripts
Send, fax or email a complete application packet to:
Human Resources Office
Northwest Nazarene University
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686
Employment at Northwest Nazarene University is contingent upon the results of an independent background check.
Reviewed 10 Mar, 2023
Northwest Nazarene University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, Northwest Nazarene University is permitted, and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).