- EARN a teaching certificate in just 16 months
- ONLINE CLASSES with dedicated faculty mentors
- FLEXIBLE COURSES allow you to work and attend classes at the same time
You Can Shape Your Future with a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of young children? It’s never too late to pursue a career you’re passionate about, especially with NNU’s supportive and Christ-centered environment. NNU’s Accelerated Certification in Education program offers an exciting opportunity to obtain a bachelor’s in elementary education, designed specifically for working adults. Get ready to inspire and educate children as you develop the skills and knowledge needed to become a certified teacher with bs in elementary education for all subjects (grades K-8) or middle school (grades 5-9). Apply today and start on the path to a fulfilling and rewarding future.
Bachelor of Arts
On Campus & Online
The Advantages of Our Elementary Education ACE Program
- Obtain teacher certification in as little as 16 months with NNU’s ACE Program
- Earn a teaching certificate for grades K-8 in all subjects or middle school content for grades 5-9
- Balance your professional and family commitments with online courses designed for working adults.
- Enjoy a dedicated faculty mentor’s personalized attention and support during your studies.
- Learn from experienced classroom educators to become an effective teacher in today’s changing school environment.
- Find a balance between work, family, and studies with our convenient online program.
- 12 months of college coursework with approximately 100 hours of field experience in public school classrooms
- Concludes with 4-month (one entire semester) student teaching experience
Goals for Graduates with a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education
- Turn your dreams of teaching into a reality with a Northwest Nazarene University Elementary Education degree
- Receive quality online elementary education and training in an accelerated format
- Gain valuable experience in the classroom and on-site through field experience in public schools and student teaching
- Develop leadership skills, expand your influence, and grow as a Christ-centered educator
- Learn about the latest educational practices while getting mentored by experienced teachers
- Strengthen communication and presentation skills to become an effective instructor
- Feel supported by our nurturing community of fellow educators and gain a lasting love for children and others
Additional Information About Our Accelerated Certification in Education (ACE) Program
A candidate that transfers in two years of college credits or an AA degree may complete their Bachelor of Arts and Teacher Certification in as little as 16 months. Courses are eight weeks in length, with two sessions in each semester. Students complete two or three classes in each 8-week session, creating a typical semester credit load of 10-14 credits.
- General Education courses needed to complete a bachelor’s degree will be required and may be transferred in from other institutions or taken as part of NNU’s Online Program.
- The Professional Education courses will be taken in three semesters (fall, spring and summer semesters). They will include field experience hours in public schools to put into practice what is being learned in the college classroom.
- Per the Idaho Department of Education certification requirements, Elementary candidates will also be prepared to teach in one of the Middle School (5-9) content areas (English, History, Math, Science or Social Studies).
- The ACE program concludes with a 4-month (full semester) Student Teaching experience.
Upon completing the elementary program, students will be recommended for teacher certification in All Subjects (K-8) and a Middle School (5-9) content area.
Accelerated and OnlineYour Title Goes Here
New cohorts for our elementary education program begin every fall and spring. Earn a teaching certificate in just 16 months, depending on prior credits. Our online coursework allows candidates to maintain their daytime employment and family responsibilities until they begin student teaching. Some daytime hours are required during the program for field experience.
Elementary teacher candidates must have at least two years of college or university credit and required General Education courses to complete a bachelor’s degree in elementary education at NNU. Before starting the education courses, candidates must complete prerequisite credits and Middle School content coursework, which are also available in the same online format.
Accreditation & Regulations
Elementary Education Career Paths
With a deep passion for education and a degree in elementary education, get ready to embark on a purposeful and meaningful journey. By becoming an elementary school teacher, curriculum specialist, instructional coach, or administrator, you have the power to influence young minds and cultivate a lifelong love for learning.